Welcome to sourceAFRICA
If you're just looking to get started, try our guided tour, take a look at what other reporters are doing with sourceAFRICA, or read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Find out how to:
- Search the existing repository of public documents.
- Upload document files of your own.
- View lists of entities mentioned by documents and search for specific entities by name.
- Annotate documents with notes and navigation.
- Reorder documents, swap out individual pages and correct poor OCR.
- Organize projects of documents and notes, and share them with collaborators.
- Publish documents by embedding them on your website.
- Walk through a guided tour of the workspace.
Finding Your Way Around the Workspace
If you're looking at a list of documents (search results, your documents, a single project) you can click on a thumbnail image to select that document. It works the same way as icons on your desktop: you can use the shift or control (command) keys, or drag across to select multiple documents at once. With documents selected, you can use the toolbar to edit titles and descriptions, change privacy settings, add documents to new projects or plot them on a timeline.
Double-click a document's title to launch a viewer, where you can edit and annotate the document if it belongs to you.
Right-click on a document to open a context menu, showing a list of actions that can be done to the document.